|Through Infra-Red, data can be transferred between a PC (or laptop, or
PDA) and the OnHand, but you
can also use it to transfer information from one OnHand to another OnHand.
Information can be transfered using Xmodem or IrDA. SIR, ASK, and
other wave types can be generation can be generated by your watch.
You are also able to use your watch as a remote control (TV, VCR,
Stereo,...). An example program can be found in the SDK.
Distance when infrared port is used
* For communication between two onHands by ASK wave, the communication distance is about
* For communication between two onHands by SIR wave, the communication distance is about
* For communication between onHand and Sharp PDA by ASK wave, the communication distance is about
* For communication between a laptop computer and infrared adapter by SIR wave, the communication distance is about
2"-12" (5-30cm )
* For communication between onHand and TV, the communications distance is
maximum 80" (200cm)
When data is transferred by using infrared, the communication is failed or an error may occur because of the sunlight, the distance between the devices, angle of the communication devices (+- 15 degrees) and the battery shortage. You should avoid using infrared communication under the strong sun light or fluorescent light.